Sunday, June 24, 2012

Losing Weight and Body Building

While I am waiting for my back to heal so I can hopefully go back to jiu jitsu I have been doing a lot of cardio and weight lifting. I switched from my 1 day of lifting a week where I would do all the upper body muscles in one day to lifting 6 days a week and doing only two muscle groups per day. I slightly modified an intermediate body building routine so it would be ok for my back.

Monday: Chest and Triceps
Tuesday: Back and Biceps
Wednesday: Shoulders and Traps
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Chest and Triceps
Saturday: Back and Biceps
Sunday: Shoulders and Traps

Maybe later I will post all the exercises I do. I also do abs about every other day when I have time and I usually run for about an hour since I am mainly trying to drop weight. I can't wait till I hit my target weight and can start trying to put on more muscle and eat more. I got down to 175 pounds this week.

3 comments:

  1. You really have a strong appetite for fitness, Wayne. Even the back pain couldn’t keep you from doing your workout! I hope it’s not serious though. In any case, to be safe, don’t overwork and strain your muscles too much. It might slow down the recovery of your back, or worse worsen your injury.

    Pearlie Twiford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearlie is right. Exercise compels easy and complex muscle workouts. And knowing that you were already feeling back pain then, you should have let it heal first before exerting more pressure on your body.

    ReplyDelete