Thursday, March 1, 2012

Motivation

For the past two days I have felt a little bummed because I got tapped more often than I usually do. I felt pretty frustrated because I have been trying very hard and I train 4 to 5 times a week which is more often then almost everyone in the gym (except Ken my instructor of course). I felt like I was losing progress. My first thought was maybe I'm not doing as well because I lost 24 pounds and I am easier to throw around.

Now I realize it doesn't matter why I was getting tapped more. I remembered that after class both days I asked Ken what I did wrong and he taught me how to improve my game in those specific areas. When I win I don't ask him how I can do those moves better so I don't learn as much. Winning gives me an immediate feeling of accomplishment but that doesn't last but the lessons I learned from losing will help me next time. Now that I think of it, yesterday Ken showed me the proper way to get out from under side control to half guard and today I used it twice. I guess it is already working.

1 comment: